- The ONE Conference was a LIVE event in San Deigo, CA February 3rd to 5th, 2019
- Access the Video Recordings of the entire ONE Conference and rewatch for ONE year from the comfort of your home or office
- Download the 400-page digital syllabus
- Private Facebook Group for Watching Videos and International Networking (FB Required to View)
NeuroNICU’s or Neuro-Critical Care Nurseries are strategically appearing all over the world - and it is now critical to unify and standardize nursing care practices. Bedside nurses in the NICU are caring for the most vulnerable organ, the developing newborn brain, every day and continuity of care begins with education.
This conference was a first of its kind and was created through the collaboration of NeuroNICU nurses and, as such, focuses solely on the professional nursing practice standards related to caring for the injured or at-risk newborn brain.
This NeuroNICU Nurse Training Conference focuses on the four pillars of NeuroNICU Nursing care – neuro-assessment, neuro-monitoring, neuro-development, and neuro-protection. These are key to optimal brain development.
*** CONFERENCE AGENDA ***
- The Role of Nurses in the Neonatal NeuroCritical Care Unit
- Neonatal Brain Injury: Examination and Diagnosis
- Post Hemorrhagic Hydrocephalus - How to define, world-wide trends in treatment, and how to change outcomes for infants
- H.O.P.E. Stories from the NICU
- Living with CP - Perspectives from the Incubator, to the Clinic, and Beyond
- Behavioural Phenotype of Prematurity: The Perfect Storm of 'Minor' Morbidities
- SENSE and Sensibility: Supporting and Enhancing NICU Sensory Experiences
- Brain Injuries and Other Controversies Related to Neonatal Hypoglycemia
- Neonatal Pain and Brain Development
- All the Cool Kids: Bedside Management during Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Humanitarian Healthcare – Why I Continue to Volunteer in Ethiopia
- Sleeping Beauties -- The importance of sleep for the developing brain; and for NICU caregivers and parents
- Bewildering aEEG's: 5 Things that are Messing with your aEEG Recording
- Supporting Family Mental Health in NICU
- The Reality of Stress, Anxiety and Depression in the NICU…Is it Real? -- Best Practices for Nursing Self-Care
- It's not enough to know. We must do! - Translation of Evidence in to Practice
- ONE and Done -- From Idea to Implementation
Our full conference agenda is also available. Click here to view
** CEU's are currently optional and available for an additional $150 purchase.
This course is approved for up to 14 contact hours of Nursing Continuing Education by California Board of Registered Nursing Provider Number CEP 15417.
If you'd like to purchase CEU's for this conference, please click here.
Due to the digital natural of this event no refunds will be given. This is an individual viewing license, so sharing of access is prohibited and violations will result in revocation of this license permanently.
*The conference content is the property of Synapse Care Solutions and any distribution or copying of any materials is strictly prohibited.
Link to purchase CE credit
What is the ONE Conference? FREE PREVIEW AGENDA: 2019 ONE Conference FREE PREVIEW Conference Welcome FREE PREVIEW Conference Session 1 - Isn't Every NICU is a NeuroNICU ? FREE PREVIEW The ONE Nurse Award: Mary Coughlin FREE PREVIEW What should I do next? FREE PREVIEW
Recordings Checklist Welcome to the ONE Conference - Intro with Kathi Randall The Role of the NeuroNICU Nurse - Kathi Randall RN, MSN, CNS, NNP-BC Neonatal Brain Injury: Examination and Diagnosis - Diane Wilson RN (EC), MN, NP-Peds, NNP-BC Post Hemorrhagic Hydrocephalus: How to Define, Trends in Treatment &Changing Outcomes - Lauren Heimall MSN, RNC-NIC, PCNS BC H.O.P.E. Stories from the NICU - Sharon Bonifazi RNC-NIC Living with CP: Perspectives from the Incubator, to the Clinic, and Beyond - Jan Brunstrom-Hernandez, MD
Behavioral Phenotype of Prematurity: The Perfect Storm of 'Minor' Morbidities - Paige Church, MD Neonatal Pain and Brain Development - Diane Wilson, RN (EC), MN, NP-Peds, NNP-BC SENSE and Sensibility: Supporting and Enhancing NICU Sensory Experiences - Joan Smith, RN, PhD Brain Injuries and Other Controversies Related to Neonatal Hypoglycemia - Kris Karlsen, PhD, APRN, NNP-BC All the Cool Kids: Bedside Management During Therapeutic Hypothermia - Shannon Tinkler, BSN, RNC-NIC Humanitarian Healthcare: Why I Continue to Volunteer in Ethiopia - Phillip Platt, RNC, NNP-BC Sleeping Beauties: The Importance of Sleep for the Developing Brain; and for NICU Caregivers and Parents - Mary Coughlin RN, MS, NNP
Bewildering aEEG's: 5 Things that are Messing with your aEEG Recording - Kathi Randall RN, MSN, CNS, NNP-BC It’s Not Enough to Know. We Must Do! Translation of Evidence into Practice - Mary Coughlin RN, MS, NNP The Reality of Stress, Anxiety, and Depression in the NICU... Is It Real? Best Practices for Nursing Self Care - Michelle Waddell, RN, BS, RNC-NIC Supporting Family Mental Health in NICU - Angelica Moreyra, PhD ONE and Done: From Idea to Implementation - Jayne Solomon, ARNP-BC, NNP // Kathryn Fedor, RNC-NIC // Elizabeth Broverman BSN, RNC-NIC Closing: Strength to be the ONE - Kathi Randall RN, MSN, CNS, NNP-BC
The One and Done Workbook Gratitude Journal Bonus Download
How long are the recordings available?
The recordings will be available for your personal viewing until January 31st, 2020.
When will I get the link to watch the recordings?
You will receive an email with a link to the private Facebook group where we have all videos available for viewing.
Will we get copies of the slides?
We will provide you with the same speaker handouts (downloadable PDF) in the Facebook Group that are provided to the in-person attendees.
Can I share the link to view the recording with others?
You have purchased an individual access pass and we ask that you do not share your private access with others. Violation of this policy may result in immediate termination of access.
What if I don't have a Facebook account?
At this time, we have chosen to only use Facebook for distribtion. If you don't have an account, please consider creating an account (even if it's just to access this recording). Some people have chosen to use a spouse's or other relative's account with their permission. Please notify us if you need to do this so that we can approve the non-registered individual to access the Facebook group.